Both Zhang and Chen were convicted of producing and selling unsafe food.
The pork they sold was found to contain proteus mirabilis, a virus that
can cause severe food poisoning.
The verdict coincides with the thousands of dead pigs found in
Shanghai's Huangpu River, which shocked the city's residents and raised
fears of contaminated water supplies which officials said have not been
affected. Another 944 dead pigs were recovered on Thursday, according to
Xinmin Evening News.
Full article: http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/768307.shtml#.UUIMBxnlX_s