November 3, 2012
The ministry of health has directed Mulago hospital to discharge the only two Marburg patients who were admitted recently.
The duo to be discharged is Sharon Turyomujuni and her husband.
The ministry says the patients can now be discharged after they tested negative for the virus.
The ministry’s public relations officer Rukia Nakamatte says this
implies that the treatment they were subjected to was effective.
She adds that the team of experts in Kabale is ready to reintegrate them back in community.
Nakamatte says the total number of admissions now stands at 12.
6 from Kabale district, 5 in Ibanda, 1 in mbarara and 1 in Kabarole.
The highly contagious disease which broke out in the Kabale district has so far killed 8 people.