This is the death that is reported on, at the end of this article:
Guangdong ProvinceDate of Report: 12/15/13Name: Hemou 39(M)From: Fenggang Town, Dongguan CityOnset: 12/6, fever, headache, fatigue & discomfort.Adm: Guangzhou Medical Ctr Critical ConditionAdm: 12/11 Fenggang Hospital, transferred to ICU on 12/13Confirmed: 12/15/13Status: 12/17 respiratory failure, multiple organ damage, possibility of death up to 60%.Notes: 5 Days before onset, went to farmhouse restaurant & ate chicken. Restaurant has since been closed.53 close contacts under medical observation & given Tamiflu.WHO Update: http://www.who.int/csr/don/2013_12_17influenza/en/index.htmlDOD: 1/6/14
GUANGZHOU, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- The southern city of Shenzhen in Guangdong Province reported a new human H7N9 case on Tuesday, raising the total number of such cases in the province to nine since August.
The patient is a 31-year-old man, surnamed Ou, who is a local resident living in Luohu District of Shenzhen, the provincial health and family planning commission said in a statement.
The statement said Ou became sick on Dec.30 and was hospitalized at the People's Hospital in Bao'an District on Jan. 3. He is still receiving treatment at the hospital and is in stable condition.
No abnormal conditions have been found in the 35 people who were in close contact with the patient, it said.
So far, Guangdong has confirmed nine human H7N9 cases since Aug. 10, with two in Shenzhen, one in Foshan, one in Huizhou, two in Dongguan, and three in Yangjiang.
One patient in Dongguan City, surnamed He, died of multiple organ failure at 11:20 p.m. on Monday after being treated in a local hospital for about three weeks. He tested positive for the virus on Dec. 14, according to the statement.