A few bullet points are below, excerpts from the update:
regarding the 5 new cases in Saudi Arabia from the Eastern Region, reported 5/29:
- were admitted to hospital between 12-24 May, with pneumonia or respiratory symptoms
- that all were patients in the same hospital
- two had shared a hospital room
- None of the patients have family contacts in Al-Ahsa
speaking in general, I learned this
- Thus far, all clusters of cases have occurred in a health care setting or among close family contacts.
- Clinicians should be aware that MERS-CoV infection may present atypically, and initially without respiratory symptoms, in immunocompromised individuals.